Friday, May 18, 2007

Welcome

Welcome to the blog. Pull up a chair, or grab a seat on the couch if you'd prefer. There's beer in the fridge and food in the kitchen, so make yourself at home. Comfortable? Good. Let's get started.

A little housekeeping first; If you don't know me, then you probably have no idea what this blog is about or why I'm writing it. The who is pretty simple. I'm an undergrad student at the University of Miami who grew up in the Buffalo area (and still lives here between semesters). So there's your explanation of the blog's name.

What
I talk about is pretty much anything, in fairness. The general topic as a rule will be sports, (I know, I know...please hush your shocked gasps) although everything is fair game. That being said, I try to stay away from matters of religion, politics and national policy. Nothing turns a friendly conversation into a bloody throwdown more quickly or more definitively than that trifecta, and to be honest, that's not what I'm here for.

Why
did I suddenly think it'd be a good idea to start writing a blog? I really have no idea. Part of it is the fact that I haven't written anything since high school, with the exception of one entirely forgettable semester of English Lit where the only deep, abiding truth I discovered was that I'd rather play Russian Roulette with a shotgun than spend another minute analyzing Shakespearean love sonnets. It could also have something to do with the instant-gratification nature of a blog. If I have a thought or a take on something, it's easy to fire off a quick entry here. And let's face it, I'm not always the most motivated guy in the world. This is probably the only way I'm going to get anything written in the near future.


So there you have it. I won't ever promise to be correct, justified, or unbiased. I'm certainly do not swear to take the high road, be a peacemaker, or write in a consistent tense. The only thing I do promise is that I will lay my opinions and thoughts out there. You won't ever read a post and be left wondering where I stand.


Until next time...

No comments: